follow MP on Twitter

MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013

Portnoy

• Total Posts : 1844
MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:04 PM (permalink)
(In reverse chronological order):

• OK GANG, Q&A IS OVER...SORRY FOR SPAMMING YOUR TIMELINE FOR THE LAST HOUR! Oh yeah, follow @TheWineryDogs for the next chapter of #MPin2013 12 minutes ago
  • “@SkipFishMusic: @MikePortnoy Have you had a chance to see Room 237 yet?” YES, IT WAS VERY INTERESTING (BUT FAR FETCHED) 16 minutes ago
  • “@ZeGarrepito: @MikePortnoy any chance of another prognation tour?” I INDEED HOPE TO SOMEDAY...I DID GET THE TRADEMARK IN "THE DIVORCE" 17 minutes ago
  • “@JoshJamison2112: @thomasDT2112 how can you say that?! Presto is a great album." IT'S CALLED AN "OPINION"!!! JUST MINE... 19 minutes ago
  • “@Raka_14: #1 what's your favorite Avenged Sevenfold song in Album Nightmare ?” I PROBABLY LIKED GOD HATES US AND SAVE ME BEST 20 minutes ago
  • “@jonsuperego: @MikePortnoy Any regrets?” HELL NO!! EVERY MOVE HAS MADE ME A STRONGER PERSON AND WHO I AM ---> http://t.co/EG3IW523GJ 22 minutes ago
  • “@NerdyWithStyle: @MikePortnoy Are you and @RHCPchad secretly pals?" NOT SO SECRETLY, BEEN FRIENDS FOR YEARS ---> http://t.co/JnhSp7WN7V 25 minutes ago
  • “@Drumsko1928: @MikePortnoy when you back to JAPAN?” I'VE HEARD RUMOURS OF JULY..... 29 minutes ago
  • “@thomasDT2112: @mikeportnoy LEAST FAVORITE RUSH ALBUM” PRESTO 30 minutes ago
  • “@sevenbruno: @MikePortnoy any chance of a flying colors show happening in Brazil soon?” NOT LIKELY...MAYBE AFTER ANOTHER ALBUM? 30 minutes ago
  • “@DavidMontgomd: @MikePortnoy do you play with your own promark sticks?” OF COURSE! 30 minutes ago
  • “@JordanLuckyR: When will FC be back in the studio? Can't wait for the 2nd album!!!” WE'VE BEGUN SOME "SKYPE" WRITING SESSIONS 30 minutes ago
  • “@TheMinoprio: @MikePortnoy Where did your love for prog come from??” RUSH, YES, GENESIS, PINK FLOYD, KING CRIMSON 31 minutes ago
  • “@DerekSherinian: @MikePortnoy Who was your favorite Zappa drummer?” BOTH TERRY AND THE MAN U ARE PLAYING W RIGHT NOW: VINNIE!!! LUV EM BOTH 32 minutes ago
  • “@EDELVE: will you be touring Canada with/ Adrenaline Mob? Montreal Qc..specifically” NOT W AMOB, BUT W BE THERE W NEAL MORSE IN MAY 33 minutes ago
  • “@SeanConway3189: @MikePortnoy Did you have an issue with playing Ireland in the past?” NOPE...WOULD LOVE TO COME BACK! 34 minutes ago
  • “@guiarnoldi: How did u feel about Kotzen's guitar and singing skills?" THE REAL DEAL! SO MUCH SOUL! CAN'T WAIT FOR U TO HEAR @TheWineryDogs 35 minutes ago
  • “@John_DiGeronimo: @MikePortnoy why haven't you switched to DW yet?!” TAMA FOR LIFE! -->http://t.co/e7kLNAhm75 36 minutes ago
  • “@vinnyjaques: @MikePortnoy What's your favorite Rush album ?” PERMANENT WAVES OR HEMISPHERES 37 minutes ago
  • “@LF_Oliv: @MikePortnoy Any chances to see "AA Suite" live?” I SURELY HOPE SO...IT WAS ALWAYS MY INTENTION AND VISION 38 minutes ago
  • “@devoidzer0: @MikePortnoy who is the nicest man in prog?” NEAL MORSE...BUT MOST PROG PEOPLE ARE NICE PEOPLE 38 minutes ago
  • “@Lagartocore: i feel bad for you why you keep answering those stupid questions?” NOW *THATS* A GOOD QUESTION!!! YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT I SKIP 39 minutes ago
  • “@EltonjoPalushi: @MikePortnoy Have you ever met Neil Peart in person, like hung out etc" WE'VE BECOME FRIENDS --> http://t.co/3nLcQrcaG4 40 minutes ago
  • “@Chernominomano: @MikePortnoy Is it possible to Winery Dogs come to Brazil even w/ AMOB coming as well?” ABSOLUTELY!!! CAN'T WAIT 42 minutes ago
  • “@samuelcamposc: @MikePortnoy what’s the most challenging song you’ve ever played/written?” THE DANCE OF ETERNITY OR WHEN THE WATER BREAKS 43 minutes ago
  • “@MIVenuto: @MikePortnoy Who passed away from Iron Maiden? Original member? Whats his name?” YOU REALLY NEED *ME* TO ANSWER THIS??? 45 minutes ago
  • “@rrgomide: @MikePortnoy Do you about Flying Colors' DVD release date?” HAVEN'T SEEN A RELEASE DATE YET, BUT IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! 45 minutes ago
  • “@Misshaner: @MikePortnoy when you come back to brazil?” JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 46 minutes ago
  • “@SantPlay2: @MikePortnoy do you like RUSH?” NEVER HEARD OF EM....(Really?????!) 47 minutes ago
  • “@C2H6O_: If only @MikePortnoy followed me back tho... my life would be awesome” SORRY I ONLY FOLLOW FRIENDS OR PEOPLE IM A FAN OF 48 minutes ago
  • “@patrciaksmngtys: @MikePortnoy favorite quentin tarantino movie?” HMMM...TOUGH...PROBABLY PULP FICTION 49 minutes ago
  • “@jaunemisere: @MikePortnoy Hi Mike, why no shows in Canada with AMOB? (See ya with NM in QcCity!)” SEE MY LAST RESPONSE! 50 minutes ago
  • “@The_Bekilla: @MikePortnoy Do you hate Indiana? You never play here EVER” OUR AGENT CHOOSES WHERE WE PLAY, NOT ME!! I'LL PLAY ANYWHERE!! 51 minutes ago
  • “@WillyMcD1234: @MikePortnoy Best concert attended?(mine is the wall)” ME TOO! 52 minutes ago
  • “@SantosDB: @MikePortnoy Ideas for your beard's next color?!” JUST WENT BACK TO BLUE YESTERDAY (FROM PURPLE) 52 minutes ago
  • “@jamankind: @MikePortnoy do you use a clicktrack live??” ONLY EVER DID W A7X 52 minutes ago
  • “@charlybgoode: any ideas on winery dog tour dates?!” WILL BEGIN AROUND JULY 53 minutes ago
  • “@PeterCarbajosa: @MikePortnoy any AMOB shows in buenos aires?” YES...GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!! 54 minutes ago
  • “@LordAbaddon616: what you do for free time? @MikePortnoy” WHAT'S THAT????? 54 minutes ago
  • “@danitoledo13: @MikePortnoy There is album of Transatlantic confirmed,but there will be tour?” YES & YES 54 minutes ago
  • “@Thatcurlydude: @MikePortnoy Who was your biggest inspiration?” THE BEATLES, FRANK ZAPPA, STANLEY KUBRICK, DAVID LYNCH 54 minutes ago
  • “@LuiisPuerta: @MikePortnoy When will you tour around South America?” REALLY???? AMOB IN MEXICO, SANTIAGO, BUENOS AIRES & SAO PAULO IN JUNE 55 minutes ago
  • “@BlueAlexander93: @MikePortnoy You a fan of any Adult Swim shows?” BIG TIME...BUT MOST ESPECIALLY @timheidecker AND @ericwareheim #spagett 56 minutes ago
  • “@EchuAnnoni: in Latin America will be AMOB supporting Halestorm?? I hope not” YES, WE ARE THE SUPPORT BAND...BETTER THAN NOT COMING AT ALL! 57 minutes ago
  • “@foREVerDrums_0: @MikePortnoy When did you decide to play TAMA?” READ MY ANSWERS!!! 58 minutes ago
  • “@joe_dorow: @MikePortnoy ur all time fav drummer?” OBLIGATORY Q&A Q..,ONCE AGAIN: BONZO, MOON, RINGO & PEART 58 minutes ago
  • “@Kissfan123: @MikePortnoy Do you like KISS?” 1974 THRU 1979 BIG TIME!!! SEEING THEM LIVE IN 1977 CHANGED MY LIFE! about an hour ago
  • “@HannaRP14: @MikePortnoy What was your favorite A7X song to play live?!” CRITICAL ACCLAIM OR BEAST AND THE HARLOT about an hour ago
  • “@FoxOnDrums: @MikePortnoy do you still jam on the monster?” YES: IT'S MIKED UP IN MY HOME STUDIO -->http://t.co/Vnaedyg0NL about an hour ago
  • “@walterarevalo: @MikePortnoy will you come back to colombia?” OF COURSE!!! ITS JUST A MATTER O TIME! about an hour ago
  • “@foREVerDrums_0: @MikePortnoy when did you decide to play TAMA?” BACK IN '82..CAUSE MY FAVS ALL DID: PEART, COPELAND, PHILLIPS, BRUFORD about an hour ago
  • “@Michelaoo: @MikePortnoy favorite movie? Director?” IT'S ALL HERE: http://t.co/eu6kbsMB0k about an hour ago
  • “@RobHBedford: @MikePortnoy Is AMOB going to do any shows w/Halestorm in the US?” AS OF NOW, NO...BUT WE'D LOVE TO!! about an hour ago
  • “@larissathe3rd: do you like The Walking Dead? :)” SADLY NO...IM THE ONLY ONE IN MY FAM WHO DOESN'T...MARLENE, MAX & MELODY LUV IT!! about an hour ago
  • “@SanskarWagley: @MikePortnoy what's on your musical bucket list?” A PROJECT W MIKAEL AKERFELDT about an hour ago
  • “@MIVenuto: @MikePortnoy Where will you be celebrating Easter?” ON A TOUR BUS TRAVELING FROM LA TO COLORADO about an hour ago
  • “@IAmDickie709: @MikePortnoy Favorite tattoo?” OF MINE??? PROBABLY MY DOG PORTRAITS BY @thekatvond about an hour ago
  • Hey Gang, I have a few hrs to kill here in Phoenix before show time...wanna Q&A? Keep your Q's brief so I can quote em in my A...fire away!! about an hour ago  
  •  
      Tensed Dreams

• Total Posts : 4321
      Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:22 AM (permalink)
      Portnoy

• “@ZeGarrepito: @MikePortnoy any chance of another prognation tour?” I INDEED HOPE TO SOMEDAY...I DID GET THE TRADEMARK IN "THE DIVORCE" 
    • “@JordanLuckyR: When will FC be back in the studio? Can't wait for the 2nd album!!!” WE'VE BEGUN SOME "SKYPE" WRITING SESSIONS 
    • “@charlybgoode: any ideas on winery dog tour dates?!” WILL BEGIN AROUND JULY 
    • “@danitoledo13: @MikePortnoy There is album of Transatlantic confirmed,but there will be tour?” YES & YES 
    • “@SanskarWagley: @MikePortnoy what's on your musical bucket list?” A PROJECT W MIKAEL AKERFELDT 

• My favorite answers!
      - Project with Mikael Akerfeldt = drools
      - Awesome with a Transatlantic Tour along with the new album
      - Winery Dogs on tour = Nice! 
      - "Skype" writing with Flying Colors = awesome
      - MP has the trademark for ProgNation - interesting! What about a ProgNation with Transatlantic and Flying Colors!?!?! 
      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 - Are you lost??

Paul Sommer

• Total Posts : 2976
        Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:26 AM (permalink)
        Prognation wtith TA, FC and WD.
        I would fly anywhere.

Paul Sommer

Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:34 AM (permalink)
          Give Kotzen 30 mins solo.
          Then Winery Dogs an hour.
          Then Alpha Rev 30 minutes
          Then Flying Colours an hour.
          Then Transatlantic an hour and a half.

Paul Sommer

Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Thursday, March 28, 2013 5:36 AM (permalink)
            Chuck in half an hour for Steve Morse Band with Larue too.... If you want :)

gurumaia

• Total Posts : 161
              Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:05 AM (permalink)
              That'd be cool except that MP would probably pass out from exhaustion.
              Did anyone notice that there's a Q from Derek Sherinian? That was rather cool =).

Tensed Dreams

• Total Posts : 4321
                Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:11 AM (permalink)
                gurumaia

Did anyone notice that there's a Q from Derek Sherinian? That was rather cool =).

Yeah, it was rather cool! 
                4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42 - Are you lost??

DT2003

• Total Posts : 7862
                  Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:07 AM (permalink)
                  It really boggles my mind that someone follows Twitter and when they have the chance to ask MP a question they ask him who it was that died in Iron Maiden and if he was a current memeber.  I'm sorry but some people are just morons.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to do this Mike and also to post it.  I always enjoy reading them.

The Fish

• Total Posts : 7675
                    Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:48 PM (permalink)
                    MP should have  given the up or down on the  "Do you hate Indiana" question!

Presto is better than many of the records Rush we're doing in that phase. Strange choice, imo.

TheOnlyNameLeft

• Total Posts : 1286
                      Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:25 PM (permalink)
                      I like Paul Sommer’s festival line-up. Also we have yet another reason why Derek Sherinian is awesome. And Fish I would be with you, but I don’t spend a whole lot of time there anymore, so I don’t care as much but it’d still be cool. Main thing is we need FC to hit Chicago next time. I'll totally make that trip. NYC...maybe...

Judge Synder: Itchy & Scratchy Studios will pay a restitution of $800 billion...though that amount will probably come down a bit on appeal.

JonMontoya777

• Total Posts : 5
                        Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Friday, March 29, 2013 9:23 AM (permalink)
                        Great!... , thanks for taking the time to do this Mike and also to post it.  I always enjoy reading them. 

NYCoolRunner

• Total Posts : 4035
                          Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Friday, March 29, 2013 11:24 AM (permalink)
                          The people asking when he's coming back to X country are annoying the hell out of me! I never seem to see when MP is on twitter to do these...

phentalmyst

• Total Posts : 2245
                            Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Friday, March 29, 2013 12:24 PM (permalink)
                            most interesting thing...MP having a studio in his house. yes, it's commonplace for most musicians these days, but he himself said he preferred a theatre instead. wonder when he changed his mind...
                            no comment

ytserush

• Total Posts : 4182
                              Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Friday, March 29, 2013 6:20 PM (permalink)
                              Thanks Mike!

Interesting choice with Presto, but then I was listening to When Dream and Day Unite a ton more than I was Presto back then.

When Dream and Day Unite was one of those life changing albums for me. I'd found my new favorite band.

JonMontoya777

• Total Posts : 5
                                Re:MP Twitter Q&A - March 27th 2013 Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:00 PM (permalink)
                                Great!... , thanks for taking the time to do this Mike and also to post it.  I always enjoy reading them. 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                  • No New Messages
                                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                                  • Read Message
                                  • Post New Thread
                                  • Reply to message
                                  • Post New Poll
                                  • Submit Vote
                                  • Post reward post
                                  • Delete my own posts
                                  • Delete my own threads
                                  • Rate post

All Design and Content are Copyright mikeportnoy.com and NOT for use on other web sites.
                                  website credits
                                  2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.8