GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR

High Speed Kurt
  • Total Posts : 4808
  • Reward points : 0
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 1:15 PM
GUNS N' ROSES Tour Cancelled!!! - Dec. 8, 2002

The remaining shows of GUNS N' ROSES' North American tour have been cancelled, according to Pennsylvania' s CKY, who were tapped to provide support at all the dates through Jan. 3, 2003 in Los Angeles, California.

The following is a message from CKY posted in the " Band Journal" section (dubbed " Shit Talk" ) of their official web site:

" GUNS N ROSES TOUR CANCELLED!! TYPICAL. And freakishly EXPECTED. Haha. They really fucked the Philly fans over, really bad idea… I wouldn' t suggest they come back... So… we are going home after over 50 shows... from our own headlining shows to Tony Hawk' s boom boom huck jam tour on to a month of the fucked-up GNR tour, it has been great... CKY did play in NYC at Madison Square Garden (legendary) and in Philly at the cancelled FU center show on Friday. So we played the (2nd) cancelled show that resulted in a Philly riot... Part of history… Glad to be part of it… More history to come... We are definitely psyched to take a short break and get back to more playing and fucking shit up the way we like it. Better the change."

FUCKERS

dlifesjrny
  • Total Posts : 6978
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 1:28 PM
This is the end, my dear old....friend

OblivionOcean
  • Total Posts : 6016
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 1:36 PM
This should come as a suprise to nobody, but those few GNR fanatics in the forum that somehow defend Axl no matter what. Well If you are one of those few Axl apologists don' t feel bad if this is the end, you can always go to QR.com and join their ranks.

justve
  • Total Posts : 2943
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 1:43 PM

ORIGINAL: OblivionOcean

Well If you are one of those few Axl apologists don' t feel bad if this is the end, you can always go to QR.com and join their ranks.

ouch!

Rane
  • Total Posts : 17055
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 1:47 PM
Who is CKY?

And did they say why the cancelation? Is Axl just a loser or was attendance pitiful? Any reason at all?

High Speed Kurt
  • Total Posts : 4808
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 1:50 PM
CKY was the shityt band opening...

I read a few different things that the promoters pulled the plug on this because they have had riots in 2 cities when the band no shows....and I dont think they wanna be liable for that type of carnage.

This will negate any other tour by Guns N Roses ever again, I have to wonder what will happen with the cd now.

Kurt

The Sign Guy
  • Total Posts : 465
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 4:37 PM
Word has it that Clear Channel pulled the plug on the remaining shows. They only sold out 2 shows out of 17, and one of them was the no-show in Philly. Screw Axhole, he deserves everything he gets now. Another rumor is he was busy watching the Laker-Maverick game, and never left N.Y. for Philly.
Real Men wear "Eat My Ass And Balls" T-shirts for any occasion!

ByTorOfLamneth
  • Total Posts : 1934
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 6:44 PM
Well knock me over with a feather...
Joe
In Canada, they have three gods. Number one is beer. Number two is Rush and number three is Wayne Gretzky. - Sebastian Bach

goo-goo
  • Total Posts : 7650
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 6:56 PM
gnr just sucks ass and balls. i wanted to see them in albuquerque...well, at least i can save those 100 bucks i was going to spend...

so its just Trans-Siberian Orchestra for the holidays i guess.

mandaX
  • Total Posts : 1403
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 7:04 PM
yeah no offence to anyone, but for some reason how could you not think this was gonna happen? It was downhill as soon as he didnt show up to the vancouver show.. Axl will always be a douchebag, he doesnt care about the fans, its all about the almighty dollar.
-manda
Ron and Fez - noon to 3, XM 202.

OblivionOcean
  • Total Posts : 6016
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 7:17 PM

ORIGINAL: mandaX
Axl will always be a douchebag, he doesnt care about the fans, its all about the almighty dollar.
-manda

Preach on Sister Amanda!!!!

Actually this reminded me of that great Suicidal Tendencies song " Send me your Money"

Here comes another con hiding behind a collar
His only god is the almighty dollar
He aint no prophet, he aint no healer
He' s just a two bit goddamn money stealer

intoinfinity
  • Total Posts : 2339
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 7:23 PM

ORIGINAL: High Speed Kurt

CKY was the shityt band opening...

CKY kicks ass!

The band features Jess Margera (brother of pro-skater/" stuntman" Bam Margera) and some other guys. Their most well-known song is " 98 Quite Bitter Beings" - the background music played on Jackass when the guys are crashing shopping carts.

KuzinRob
  • Total Posts : 6149
GUNS N ROSES CANCEL TOUR - Sunday, December 08, 2002 7:32 PM

ORIGINAL: mandaX

yeah no offence to anyone, but for some reason how could you not think this was gonna happen? It was downhill as soon as he didnt show up to the vancouver show.. Axl will always be a douchebag, he doesnt care about the fans, its all about the almighty dollar.
-manda

AMEN SISTA!